States, territories, state and local courts, counties, units of local government and federally recognized Indian tribal governments can apply for the Bureau of Justice Assistance Adult Drug Court Discretionary Grant Program (ADC Discretionary Grant Program) on behalf of a single jurisdiction drug court, such as a veterans court.
The ADC Discretionary Grant Program provides financial and technical assistance to grantees. BJA is accepting applications for FY 2019 grants for efforts to incorporate evidence-based principles and practices and integrating the National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP) Adult Drug Court Best Practice Standards into existing drug court services.
Local governments can apply for Category 1: Implementation and Category 2: Enhancement funding, according to the announcement, which you can review and download below.
Category 1: Adult Drug Court Implementation
Grants up to $500,000 to start between October 1st and January 1, 2020 are for eligible jurisdictions that have completed planning for evidence-based adult drug court. Uses include:
- Court operations and services
- Participant supervision, management and services
- Provision and coordination of recovery support services, including education, civil legal assistance, job training and placement, housing placement assistance, primary and behavioral health care and child care and other supportive services
Category 2: Enhancing Adult Drug Court Capacity
Grants up to $500,000 to start between October 1st and January 1, 2020 are for eligible jurisdictions with a fully operational adult drug court for at least one year as of September 30th. Uses include:
- Scaling drug court program capacity
- Enhancing court operations
- Expanding court services
- Improving services based on needs assessments
Federal funds awarded under the ADC Discretionary Grant Program may not cover more than 75 percent of the total costs of the program being funded. Applicant must identify a 25 percent non-federal match.
Applications are due on April 16, 2019.
Review and download the grant announcement:
ADC19 by on Scribd